Need Help Planning Your Dream Trip?
Planning can be the most stressful part of any trip. Whether you’re going away for a weekend, a month, or a year – researching, organising and booking your holiday can take a lot of time and stress. This is where personal travel planning can help!
After nearly 3 years backpacking around Asia, Australasia and Europe, I’ve learned a great deal about how to travel. Book a session with me and I’ll help you kick start your planning, or overcome any obstacles in the process. I’ll show you:
- How to get prepared for your trip
- What you need to bring
- I can plan awesome routes
- I can find cheap flights and accommodation
- Tell you when is the best time to visit a country
- What the must-see places are
- Tell you some hidden spots that other travellers don’t know about
- Give you local food recommendations
- Help with managing money – before AND during your trip
- I can suggest the best activities to suit your personal hobbies and interests
- I can help with visa and vaccine questions before you go
StephMyLife Personal Travel Planning
Through my years backpacking I learned a lot about planning trips and how to travel well on a budget. I share a lot of my tips on this site and on my Instagram page. However I frequently get requests from people to help them plan their own backpacking trips and holidays.
Book in a 60 minute consultation with me and pick my brain about everything you need to know to plan your trip. I can tell you how to save, how to budget, how to plan, how to pick what countries you go to. I’ll give you feedback on your current route based on my experiences, and let you know any extra interesting places you should add.
As a travel planner I offer expert planning advice and a customized itinerary for any budget. I am experienced in finding cheap deals online, and since I have already travelled through 23 countries I can give you my personal experience in those countries.
Want to plan a trip to South or Central America?
Introducing: StephMyLife X Ungraceful Guide
I’ve teamed up with Katie & Luke from the Ungraceful Guide who are Latin America travel gurus (and absolute legends) who will run travel planning sessions for South & Central America. Find out a little more about Katie & Luke below, and book in a session with them to plan your trip!
Meet Katie and Luke, two self-diagnosed wanderlust weirdos and ungraceful budgeting backpackers who, exhausted from life’s pressures and not feeling ready to truly ‘adult’ yet, took a chance at not growing up by running away from the societal life and all its responsibilities.
Starting our adventures in Latin America, where we spent nearly two years gracing countries from Mexico all the way to Brazil, travelling mostly overland and experiencing moments we never thought possible.
From life living in the Peruvian Amazon with the Shipibo tribe, gaining skills working on a chocolate farm in Colombia, hiking with over 940 dogs in Costa Rica to volunteering for a number of organisations and schools, hitchhiking the Bolivian Salar on a salt truck, venturing over 30 hours to a secluded Caribbean island, and walking over 30km to Machu Picchu – it’s been incredible and we can safely say we call Latin America home.
If you want to book a call with Katie & Luke to plan your trip, follow the instructions below!
Want Help Planning a Trip with Young Children?
Introducing: StephMyLife X WhereAreWeGoingTomorrowTravel
Travelling with young children takes the kind of skill and preparation that only those truly experienced in it can teach, which is why I’ve teamed up with Gillian & Mick from WhereAreWeGoingTomorrowTravel to run travel planning sessions for parents!
This Irish couple have been backpacking around the world with their 2 and 5 year old daughters for over a year, and through their Instagram account they show how travelling with young children is not only possible, but also a lot of fun too! Read a little more about them below, and choose ‘Gillian & Mick’ in the booking calendar to book your call with them.
We are Gillian and Mick from WhereAreWeGoingTomorrowTravel, a family of 4 from Ireland that have spent the past 15 months backpacking around the world. After living in Australia for 7 years, we wanted to take a break from everyday life and embarked on this adventure around the world with our two little girls who are 2 and 5.
We’ve walked the Great Wall of China, island hopped in the Philippines, seen wild elephants in Sri Lanka, and skied down a volcano in New Zealand. We traveled extensively throughout Asia, drove around New Zealand and Australia in a camper van, and explored the the US and Europe.
We love all things travel, and have a wealth of knowledge about family travelling. We can give you an insight to what it’s like travelling with kids, let you know about what to expect in certain countries, how readily available baby items are in places and the best places and tours to take with kids.
We have visited all of the Disney resorts around the world multiple times and can help plan the perfect Disney Holiday. We can let you know the best place to purchase your tickets and book hotels. Also the ins and outs of fast passes, dining, hotels and tips and tricks to make your families trip more enjoyable.
If you want to book a call with Gillian & Mick to plan your trip, follow the instructions below!
Countries Covered in Travel Planning Sessions
The following countries are included in the travel planning sessions. I have traveled extensively through each of these, and can offer great insight into planning a trip here.
Asia Pacific (StephMyLife)
- Hong Kong
- Indonesia (especially Bali)
- New Zealand
- Sri Lanka
South America (Katie & Luke)
Central America & India (Katie & Luke)
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
Family Travel Destinations (Gillian & Mick)
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- Malaysia Borneo
- Sri Lanka
- South Korea
- United states
- United Kingdom
How To Book a Session.
- Select your worker – (choose Steph for Asia Pacific countries, Katie & Luke for Central & South America, or Gillian & Mick for family travel planning)
- Choose from the available dates
- Choose from the available times (ALL TIMES ARE IN BST)
- Enter your details
- Click the SUBMIT button once you have completed the form
- You will see a message confirming your session and prompting you to pay
- Once you have paid, you will receive two emails. One confirming payment and one confirming your session booking (with a calendar invite)
- If you only receive your payment confirmation and not the calendar invite – here is what to do.
How To Buy a Session as a Gift
Buying a travel planning session as a gift is easy, and just takes a few clicks! A gift certificate will be emailed to you after purchase to give to your loved one.
- Skip straight to the ‘Session Type’ field – you don’t need to select a worker or a date / time.
- Choose the session type (with is based on the trip length)
- Skip the video call options and leave it set to the default.
- Check the ‘Gift Certificate Purchase’ checkbox.
- Pay for the session.
- A gift certificate will be emailed to you after you have paid, with instructions for the recipient on how to book their free session!
How much do travel planning sessions cost?
The price of a travel planning session varies depending on the service you would like.
If you would just like to have a one-hour video call with me to plan a trip of any length, then this costs €50 for the 60 minute session. There will not be any travel guide provided after the call, so have a pen & paper with you so that you can take down the itinerary as we plan. You can opt to upgrade and receive a travel guide on the call! During the 60 minute call we can plan your trip and create an itinerary and route that suits your budget and travel style. You can ask me any questions you have about your trip, and I will give you personalised, tailored advice.
You also have the option for me to write a personalised travel guide for your trip. This guide contains the full route and itinerary we speak about on the call, suggestions on accommodation in your price range, cheap flights, things to do, things to see and personalised advice.
Personal travel guides run anywhere between 10 and 60 pages in length depending on the trip, so prices vary depending on how long your trip is. Longer trips take longer to write, so this is reflected in the price.
Your personal travel guide will contain everything you need to book your trip. It completely cuts out the research portion of planning a holiday, so you just do the more enjoyable parts – like making exciting bookings and going on the trip! Unlike travel agents, I don’t make any bookings on your behalf. All bookings are made through your personal accounts which means they can be changed or cancelled by you without paying an admin a fee to any agent. What I do is do all of the research and planning to create the best trip for your personality, budget, travel style, and hobbies.
Prices for the call and the plans are as follows;
- Video call only: €50
- Video call & a personal travel plan for a trip between 1- 3 weeks: €75
- Video call & a personal travel plan for a trip between 1 – 3 months: €100
- Video call & a personal travel plan for a trip between 3 – 6 months: €125
- Video call & a personal travel plan for a trip between 6 – 12 months: €150
- Video call & a personal travel plan for a trip that’s 12+ months: €200
If you are going on a long trip and would just like help with a short portion of it, then you can select a shorter option. If you are not sure which trip length to choose or have any questions about pricing, then feel free to contact me on email@example.com.
What’s Included In The Price
- 60 Minute Video Consultation with Steph, Gillian or Katie & Luke to plan your trip
- A personal travel guide for your trip based on our call. This include a suggested itinerary, information on the best sights to see, how to get around, flight suggestions, and answers to any questions you have on the call. Each personal travel guide is unique and based on your travel style and the information you want to know.
If you have any questions about my travel planning consultations then feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you want to know more about me, check out the About Me section of the site!
I booked online but I only received one email?
The booking process has two steps: Confirming the session, and paying for the session. If you have just received your StephMyLife order confirmation and not the calendar invite then please do the following steps to ensure you are booked in.
- Check your junk or spam folder to make sure that the calendar invite did not go in here
- Go to the availability calendar on this page and see if the timeslot you wanted to book is available. If it is, then your session was not booked.
- Click the date and time you would like, enter all details and press SUBMIT. The most likely reason that your session wasn’t booked was because this was not clicked previously. This means that none of your details were submitted, so please do fill out the description again.
- After you click submit, a message will appear to prompt you to pay. If you already have confirmation of your payment then do not pay again. The system will automatically link up your session and payment and confirm your booking.
- Check your inbox to ensure that you received the calendar invite.
- I will call you on the chosen date and time and we will plan your trip!!
** Please Note that all times are in Uk / Irish time. The calendar doesn’t calculate time zones unfortunately.